I. Area of Research - Bioinformatics
Title of the Project: Structural basis of human protease activated receptor-2 regulation by stimulators and inhibitors in breast cancer metastasis
- Principal Investigator- Dr. Kavita Kumari Kakarala
- Mentor: Dr. (Mrs).Kaiser Jamil
- Funding body: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Duration of the Project: Three years (April 2012- April- 2015)
- Sanctioned Amount: 22.60 Lakhs
II. JNIAS has initiated the following research projects and the outcome of the same would be published on completion of the research project
- Profiling of Cancer signature genes in Childhood Leukemia using Bioinformatics tools
- Putative modulators of HDAC-10 protein in Cancer: In silico studies
- Epigenetic Biomarkers in Breast Cancer, Implication for early detection, prognosis and treatment
- Study of genetic alterations occurring in leukemia, and their molecular, cytogenetic, immunophenotyping and microarray based diagnosis
- Investigations for the assessment of the interaction of nanomaterials with the biological system
- Comparative sequence and structure analysis of α-2A-adrenoceptors from human and zebra fish (Collaboration with scientist from Schrödinger).
- Structural and functional correlations of lambda crystalline inactivity; Transition of enzyme to structural protein.
- Protease activated receptors (PARs) agonist and antagonist study. Elucidating their role in breast cancer metastasis.
- Thioredoxin system; identification of novel lead molecules for breast cancer.
- In-silico analysis of beta adrenergic receptors of human and zebra fish.
- Understanding Cardiac regulation by the beta adrenergic receptors: Designing inhibitors.
- Phylogenetic analysis of human mitogen activating protein
- Crystalline super family analysis
- Alpha Crystalline- Evolution and Function in silico and in-vivo studies using zebra fish as model organism.
- Structural and functional correlations of lambda crystallin inactivity.
- Comparative study of vertebrate and invertebrate crystalline; structural changes, functional significance and phylogenetic correlations
III. Research Projects submitted for Funding:
- Enhancing the mucosal immunity for polio Vaccine with nutritional Supplements
- Gut modulation by synbiotics in prevention and treatment of Bowel Cancer
- Combination of Fusion Protein and Nanoparticle Induced Complement Activation For Immunization Against Diarrhea
- Creation of Infrastructure facility for Bioinformatics Department-Proposal submitted to DBT, India.
- Project sent to DBT: A prospective cohort study on the risk factors of colon cancer in women and intervention of various dietary factors for cancer prevention.
- MicroRNAs from breast cancer cases and control and their validation in breast cancer cell lines.
- A study on Genotoxicity of Lead (Pd) and Genetic susceptibility for Lead Poisoning in People living in High traffic areas of Hyderabad city, India.